Friday, May 16, 2008

I was looking at my kabillions of photos that I have on the computer (and thinking, I really need to organize them better - but then thinking that my dad has a kabillion plus one photos and they are all titled by a number - no description or NOTHING and felt much better. At his expense, but still.......)!

Anyhow, I found this video of the boys when they were young - sitting on the steps and eating lollipops. Made me smile. They STILL get great delight from lollipops and eating things that turn their tongues different colors. Ah, the simple things in life. I can't think of a single thing that I eat that makes me "happy." I eat lots of things that I like, but usually I think, "Oh, I shouldn't be eating this......!" I must remember to act more like a child. Yes, there are those of you out there who will roll their eyes at that statement and think, "She already acts like a 12 year old!" So, that's my goal for today - find delight in the small things. And maybe eat a lollipop this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now you know you love popcorn, peanut butter and peanut M&M's.... and they all made you smile!!! Boo

BlueDragonfly said...

Molly reminisces on lollipops: You know the best part about working at a bank? I get ALL the lollipops I want! The second best part? Watching a small child eat up a BLUE lollipop! It turns their mouth, lips, teeth and gums BLUE. Bear with me, one more reminiscence... do you know how I learned to swim? I most certainly did NOT want to put my face in the water, week after week, then finally they bribed me by holding a Tootsie Roll Pop at the other end of the pool, and it was mine IF I would swim over with my face in the water like a big girl. You betcha I did just that, too. Mmmmmm. Thanks for bringing up the memories, Andrew and Colin.