Monday, September 8, 2008

Foot surgery


Thank goodness no one took pictures of me in the days after my foot surgery. Yes, I had successful (so far) foot surgery last Wednesday. Then spent all of Wednesday afternoon thru Sunday laid out on my back on the couch. Two successful trips out - one to Mom's for dinner and one to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. But me walking is a sight to see. My right foot is trussed up in one of these: a beautiful short cam boot. And yes, I walk with a cane. Colin would call me an old lady and that's what I feel like. I'm at work this morning (thanks to Keenan who drove me in - albeit at zero dark thirty!) and haven't been too uncomfortable. I can't take my medicine because I'd be passed out on the desk - sleepy time pain meds! So I'm roughing it with just Tylenol or Advil.
My foot is "bored." That is the only way I can describe it. It's tired of being in the boot under my desk. It's not entirely professional to have the foot out of the boot, propped up on my desk. So, a slight conundrum. I'm propping it up unless I hear out door open, then it's a mad rush to hide the damn thing under the desk. And quite frankly, I know how my foot feels. I was terribly bored over the weekend. I never thought I'd be the one to say, "You know, there is only so much television one can watch......!" And to even hobble to the home office to get to the computer was a chore, so I didn't do it until Saturday (or was it Sunday?). Anyhow, of course, having said all that, I'd like nothing better than to be able to go home right now (at 1:00 p.m.) and put my foot up! I'm exhausted from being here so early in the morning! So, keep your fingers crossed for my return visit to the doctor this coming Friday - taht all is well. Of course, I still have to wear the f#@&ing boot for a total of three weeks..... Sigh.

No comments: