Tuesday, June 12, 2012

This may be one of my favorite pictures - ever. It's like the modern day Rat Pack, but comprised of 10, 11 and 12 year olds! This is Andrew (with the stylin' hat); our friend, Will (I was in his parent's wedding!); our cousin, Ben; and of course, Colin. I love that they are in seersucker and shorts. They had so much fun at this wedding and I didn't have to worry about them once. Not even when they said they were snake hunting. For water moccasins. Poisonous snakes. Nope, at the time, wasn't worried a teensy bit. Was just having fun enjoying myself. Knowing that they were having fun. Not worrying about my parents - Mike was there to drive them back to the hotel if they wanted to leave earlier than the rest of us (they did). Just enjoying. We were in a beautiful setting celebrating with old friends and family. Everyone says they love this photo of me and Mike. I like it for all of the above reasons, but not that I think it's a particularly good photo of me. Why are "we" so critical of photos of ourselves? We just need to get over it! So for everyone who says this is a great photo, "thank you!!"

No comments: